Taking Stock

My zombie child.
Not related to the post, but awesome nevertheless.
First, I want to go ahead and lay my November goals out:

Goal 1: Complete the 30-Day Yoga & Gratitude Challenge by Yoga International with no more than 5 days of the challenge missed. It's not listed on their website; I received it as an email invite. If you want to join, you may have to register for their mailing list, then hope you get the email to join it. It's free!

Goal 2: Walk my dog more regularly. At least once a night every day, and twice on weekends. He'd sure appreciate it.

Goal 3: Get up every weekday as if DST wasn't over. Before DST ended, I was getting up between 6:30 and 7:00, so I need to get up at between 5:30 and 6:00. Ugh... that even LOOKS horrible. But I can use that extra hour for yoga!! A great way to start the day!

Goal 4: NaNoWriMo. I don't have a second job for the first time in six years, so I should be able to do this.

Goal 5: work on my water intake. I've been dropping to about 4-5 C a day on most days. I want to be back up at 7-8 C EVERY DAY.

Now, onto the "Taking Stock" part of this post...

I'm trying to move towards a monthly mindset in anticipation of my monthly weigh-ins starting in 2016. I'm thinking I may move to weekly for a month or two, with a goal of monthly weigh-ins starting no later than March. I play things by ear, though, so we'll see.

Anyhow, I've been looking at my losses over the past six months and here's where I stand for monthly losses:

May, 2015: 320 pounds to 298.4; 21.6-pound loss. Note: 320 was my highest weight and was from June 2014. However, I was at 314 on the day before my liquid diet started at the end of May, so I wouldn't doubt I was up to or close to 320 during the month. So I'm making a command decision to say I started the month at 320. So there.

June, 2015: 298.4 to 280; 18.4-pound loss. This period encompasses the second half of my two-week liquid diet and my surgery.

July, 2015: 280 to 257.2; 22.8-pound loss. Wow. I didn't realize that. Nice! This is when I was finally starting to ramp up my daily activity.

August, 2015: 257.2 to 246.6; 10.6-pound loss. Seems wimpy compared to July, but I think it's the start of where I'll be staying for a few more months (hopefully).

September, 2015: 246.6 to 234.6; 12-pound loss.

October, 2015: 234.6 to 224; 10.6-pound loss.

156 is my highest goal. It's my sixth-grade weight and I really really want to prove to myself that I can get there. 140 is my lowest goal, and it's right in the middle of the range I should be in for my height, so it should be achievable as well.

I have 68 pounds to go to my high goal and 84 pounds to go until my low goal. I doubt the 10-12 pound monthly losses will keep up much longer, but I'm hoping - with lots of activity and eating right - I can get close to the high-end (156) of my goal range by my one-year surgiversary in June, 2016.

Side query: Will I ever stop being obsessed with my weight? I hope so. My obsession with food is pretty tame right now. I hope I can get there with my weight too.

Comments

Popular Posts