Just Like That

And just like that, it all falls apart: The VA is in contractual limbo with the hospital/doctor that performs the weight loss surgeries for them and because of that my surgery was cancelled.

The VA is trying to get me in - around the same date - to a local surgery group, but I don't know if that will happen or when I'll hear back. Pretty inconvenient considering I had to do a lot of wrangling with work and my son to make sure everything would go smoothly.

I have a feeling it will actually work out better for me since I'll have less travel and will be home much faster, but that doesn't help the frustration I have at my (almost) year of waiting possibly being delayed even further.

And on top of that, I've had a couple of other pretty stressful things happen, and all of this in the past 96 hours.

It will pass. It always does. Things work out. They always do. But until equilibrium is again achieved, it's still not fun, not even a little.

Comments

Popular Posts