The Best Year Ever


2005 was one of my best years ever. It was the year my son was born! A decade later, it's possible I'm about to have a new best year ever: This will be the year I start living.

I'm not a big fan of New Year's Resolutions, but I think this year, I'll make an exception. On December 30th, I finally received my surgery date (April 9th!), and I think I need to make a list of goals I'd like to meet this year. What better time to do it than now?

So here goes!  

The Big 2015 List of Awesome Stuff I Want to Accomplish
  1. Lose 5-10 pounds a month prior to surgery for a surgery weight of 265-280 lbs.
  2. Get back up to yoga 4-5 days a week by my surgery date.
  3. Get up to two 30 minute walks a day with my dog by my surgery date.
  4. Get up to cycling 4-5 days a week by my surgery date (indoor or out).
  5. Survive surgery with no complications.
  6. Get to one-derland!
  7. Ride a roller coaster.
  8. Get into the clothes my sister bought me for Christmas (2014).
  9. Find more contentment with my (bill-paying) work.
  10. Write four short stories.
  11. Submit all of the short stories to print/online magazines for consideration.
  12. Finish writing a novel.
  13. Start my photography business (whether I am just selling prints at local shops, or actually going out and doing photography for clients). 
  14. Write a blog post a week (at minimum).
I'll add to this list as I think of things, and mark through things I accomplish. I know there's probably much more I want to add, but I'm out of blogging time. 

I hope everyone else is planning on having a wonderful 2015!

Comments

Popular Posts