I'm Back!


It's been a long time since I've posted, and the last time I did, I wrote a "why I've been missing post," then immediately disappeared again. There's a pretty simple explanation why: Because I've been horribly off-track, which had destroyed any motivation I had for eating well, or exercising, or writing about it all.

I don't suspect this will be the last time I disappear. I have a feeling any time the struggle gets to me, there might be a period of silence. But if you stick with me I can promise this, I can promise to always come back...

Like a fungal infection or a bad romance.

A realization I've come to is that writing is as much a part of my weight loss journey as eating right and moving are. When I let my writing slack, everything else follows, and vice versa. Mostly I write to get my thoughts out of my head so I can more objectively process them. But a huge reason I write is on the off-chance that I can help one other person (or more) on their own journey.

I get a massive energy and motivation boost knowing that what I write helps others, so if you stumble across this blog and this post, and anything helps you in any way, please let me know!

I'm so glad to be back!

Now to check in and get my accountability back on track. While I was away, I got back up to 300 pounds. That's nearly 12 pounds up from my September 12-Week Shape-Up check-in. The good news: A lot of that was water weight just from eating too many salty foods and from that monthly monster that attacks most females.

In the past FOUR days, I have lost SEVEN pounds. Sure, it's all (or almost all) water weight, but I'll take it. That puts me at only five pounds above my lowest, so I'm going to quickly get back to where I was and then exceed it.

And a surgery update...

The bad news: Things slowed to a crawl and contributed to my general feeling of malaise. I pushed so hard to get all the boxes ticked to qualify for surgery, but my PCP didn't have the same sense of urgency I did. I should be recovering from surgery right now, and I still don't even have a date yet.

The good news: Everything is FINALLY done (as of last week) and now I just have to meet with the surgical team doc and dietician so they can decide if I should have surgery. If they do, then I will get a date. I suspect I won't be having surgery until February or March at this point. Maybe it's for the best - I hate working out in cold weather anyhow, and I'll have income tax money, which means that taking some time off work won't be so financially painful.

And that's where things are with me. I hope everyone else is doing great and that the holiday season isn't causing too much of a weight struggle!

Comments

Popular Posts