Fit Friday

It's Friday! What are everyone's plans for tonight and this weekend to stay on track with your health? I'm heading to Hocking Hills tomorrow for a hiking and photography trip with my son and dog. It should be fun!


I had a (very painful) success last night I wanted to share. My son's bike was stolen almost two weeks ago, and thanks to some generous donations, we finally had the money last night to replace it. However, the one he picked had a problem with the brakes. We spent nearly two hours at Dick's Sporting Goods trying to get the brakes fixed. Every trip to the car (three in total), sent us right back in when his test ride in the parking lot showed the brakes still weren't working correctly.

I was frustrated, but instead of sitting and stewing, I paced the store. I spent 120 minutes straight of being on my feet and 90 of that in motion. Not only did the walking keep me calm, I burned a ton of calories doing it. The downside was what happened after that...

I had to rush home to work my online job and didn't have a chance for any yoga to stretch out after all of that time on my feet. I spent three hours at my desk working, and when my work shift ended and I stood up, I nearly cried. From my desk to my bathroom is about 20 feet, and it took me about two minutes to walk there.

In essence, I learned the hard way that some breaks will help me when I'm being active for a long period of time, and taking too long of a break after the activity will not be so good for me - especially while I'm working on getting my plantar fasciitis healed. Good to know for tomorrow's hike!

Comments

Popular Posts