12-Week Shape-Up! Week 11

If you missed the previous weeks and would like to join in, check out Goodbyes, WLS, Baseline, and the 12-Week Shape-Up. Week 1's challenge is at the bottom of the blog post.


Week 10 is in the books. Congratulations! Now it's time to weigh-in, both in regards to your weight, and in regards to how you did with your weekly challenge. As a reminder when measuring your weight, try to do it at the same time every Monday, in the same clothes, and before breakfast if possible.

How did you do?

12-Week Shape Up! Week 10 Weigh-In:
  • Weight: 288.8
    • Previous Weight: 293.4
    • Weekly Loss: 5.6
    • Starting Weight: 320
    • Total Loss: 32.2
  • Weekly Challenge Success and Challenges
    • Successes: I went bike riding over the weekend and felt so strong. I had to go at a much slower pace in order for my son to keep up, but it was double the pace I was doing back in March and April, and he was outriding me then, too. We also did a lot of walking, as well as hit up an inland seafood festival. Food has not been as all-consuming this week... like, I didn't have to make a choice to "cheat," I just ate what I wanted (which was mostly healthy stuff, but with some bad stuff here and there). Also, when I did eat something not-so-healthy, I didn't beat myself up about it. In all, I think my relationship with food is changing to be healthier mentally.
    • Challenges: I lost a lot this week. The scale went down nearly every day. You would think after all the boo-hooing in the past weeks, that I would be so excited, but I'm not. It's not that I'm broken or sad - I'm very glad to have lost so well - it's just that I'm more excited about my NSVs. I think this is a great mindset to be in. Time will tell if I stay in this mindset, or if it fluctuates between scale neurosis and NSV focus.
12-Week Shape Up! Week 11 Challenge: You're stronger now. Really. So now is a great time to try something you've never done before, or something you haven't done in a long time.

Now I don't mean go jump out of a plane or kayak whitewater rapids (unless you want to). I'm thinking more along the lines of hopping in a roller coaster, or riding a horse (or a bike), or taking a golf lesson, or a yoga class. Go do something new this week. I'm going to try some flow yoga. If you try new things regularly, you might stumble upon a new great passion.

The mantra for this week is to Try Something New!


Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. Please speak to your doctor before beginning this or any stage of the 12-Week Shape Up!

Comments

Popular Posts