12-Week Shape-Up! Week 10

If you missed the previous weeks and would like to join in, check out Goodbyes, WLS, Baseline, and the 12-Week Shape-Up. Week 1's challenge is at the bottom of the blog post.


Week 9 is in the books. Congratulations! Now it's time to weigh-in, both in regards to your weight, and in regards to how you did with your weekly challenge. As a reminder when measuring your weight, try to do it at the same time every Monday, in the same clothes, and before breakfast if possible.

How did you do?

12-Week Shape Up! Week 9 Weigh-In:
  • Weight: 293.4
    • Previous Weight: 293.4
    • Weekly Loss: 0
    • Starting Weight: 320
    • Total Loss: 26.6
  • Weekly Challenge Success and Challenges
    • Successes: Four hours of hiking. I ended sweaty and exhausted, but I did it. All of the trails had some pretty big elevation changes, but one had about a 300 ft. (-ish) elevation change in a hurry. Every step I took walking down reminded me I had to come back up it... and I did... with only ONE break to catch my breath. In fact, when I saw the trailhead through the trees and realized how close it was - and how I still had some energy left - I was surprised!
    • Challenges: I feel a little broken this morning. I may seem optimistic and motivated, but some days, it's more "fake it 'til you make it" than it's true happiness. I'm an overachiever, and to start out so strong, then have the scale stall out every other week when I'm doing everything I should be doing is gut-wrenching. I just have to keep telling myself "Only three more weeks to go" and then I can start weighing weekly or even monthly. I don't know if that will fix anything, but I need a light at the end of the tunnel or I might give up, sit down on the tracks, and wait for the train to come.
12-Week Shape Up! Week 10 Challenge: It's time to put all that hard work to use. Get out and do something this week. Go do a day hike, or a trail bike ride. Go do something that you know was too hard to do 9 weeks ago. Crush it!

Life can't be all about salads and treadmills. If you have an exercise routine, even if it's outside in nature, it's time to put all of that training to use. And that's exactly what you've been doing - training. You're training for hikes or mountain bike rides. You're training for surfing or paddleboarding or kayaking.  You're training for the rest of your life. And if you can't crush it - if you still feel you could do better - that's okay. Just try to remember nine weeks ago, and think about how you've progressed since then.

The mantra for this week is to Put It to Use!


Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. Please speak to your doctor before beginning this or any stage of the 12-Week Shape Up!

Comments

Popular Posts