What a Healthy Plate Looks Like


I had an unplanned bad day yesterday and it made me miserable - I didn't even get to do my evening run. I have a planned bad day today, which I now feel guilty about because of yesterday. All morning, I've felt a bit despondent about it, and the bad food cravings started haunting me:

  • "Have a soda; it will make you feel better."
  • "Go get some chocolate; you'll be happy."
  • "Yoga what?"
  • "You want to get sweaty? Ew."
Nearly seven weeks of eating well, staying active, and facing vacations and life stresses without falling apart - not even a little. But one night derailed due to things I couldn't control and I'm a mess.

It just goes to show that no matter how well we do, things can happen. What matters is that we face it, own it, and move past it. Do something that reminds you of why you started this journey in the first place. Or get inspired through exercise or weight loss success stories. Or revisit what healthy eating looks like.

How do you refocus when life yanks you off of the healthy tracks?

Comments

Popular Posts