VSG Update: Nine-Month Follow-Up

I can't believe it's been nine months since I've had my surgery. I feel like it was just yesterday, and yet a lifetime ago. First, the stats...
  • Highest Weight: 320 lbs.
  • Pre-Op Liquid Diet Weight: 314 lbs.
  • Surgery Day Weight: 292 lbs.
  • Current Weight:  192 lbs.
  • Overall inches lost: 102"
  • Body Fat % (Navy Calculation): 37% (down from 56%)
I'm (still only) down 128 pounds total and 100 pounds since surgery. The last month was INSANE because of my gallbladder and (positive) changes to my activity. I dropped down to 189, then shot back up to over 200 within a handful of days (the 192 from last month's update was when I was on the way back up to over 200), then I dropped down to 199 the day after hitting my 200+ mark, and then down another 4 pounds to 195 right after that - where I've remained for the past week or two.

The scale only just started moving again two days ago, and, by getting my water where it needed to be and making sure to get the protein I need, I got back to the weight I was at last month at this time.

Hopefully, the scale will continue to move down. I still have about 40 or so pounds to go until I'm at goal and I want to get there this year. My sleeve has been an amazing tool, and I'm so thankful that the VA let me get this surgery. Losing weight is hard, the sleeve made it not easier, but possible. 

And for folks who are curious (those who've been asking me privately as well as those who may have wanted to ask and haven't)...

Here are some measurement and size changes (and for the record, I'm 5'6"):

June 14, 2014: At my highest weight of 320, just before starting the physician/nutritionist-led weight loss program required for surgery.

  • Chest (not bust) Measurement: 48"
  • Natural Waist Measurement: 48"
  • Hips Measurement: 60"
  • Pants Size: 24-26
  • Shirt Size: 3X-4X

March 9, 2016: At my current weight of 192.
  • Chest (not bust) Measurement: 34"
  • Natural Waist Measurement: 34"
  • Hips Measurement: 42"
  • Pants Size: 12
  • Shirt Size: M

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts