Yikes!

Have you ever noticed that when life is going well, not only does time fly by, you may tend to stop doing the things you should be doing in regards to your health?

Ta-Da!

For those with short attentions spans:

  • My lowest weight was 178 for a total of 142 pounds lost since I began my journey in 2014.
  • I got into a relationship. I got out of the same relationship. I got back into the same relationship.
  • Due to lots of dinner dates, maybe a bit of alcohol, and stress eating, I'm back up to 199 pounds. 
  • I'm getting back on track and will weigh in next week to see how I'm doing.
For the rest of you:

15 days after my last post, I met someone. And so began my descent into "WTF are you doing?!" We did a lot of drinking. We did a lot of eating. And the scale started creeping. 

When it became clear she was an alcoholic, I started numbing my own pain with food. And the scale went from creeping to zooming.

Luckily, I caught it before too much damage was done (the eating, not the alcoholism), however, my body seems to have hit a set point it likes. Which means my tiny tummy is done offering me any assistance. Which means I need to be more vigilant about my intake, at least until I get into the habit of eating in a way that sustains, say, a 154 lb. pound body rather than a 199 lb. body.

This means food journaling and getting active again.

The journal SHOULD be the easy part, but I keep forgetting. Legit, forgetting. I'll get my meals at work in, but dinner and weekends, I totally zone out. I'm working on it, though. Slow progress is progress, right?

Everything should be much easier in the next days and weeks, though. Without going into too much detail, I ended things with her. I needed to remove that negativity, verbal abuse, and destructive behavior from my life. When a person is making you a worse version of yourself, instead of inspiring you to become a better version of yourself, you have to take care of yourself and walk away. So I walked.

Anyhow, I'm bummed that I regained 21 pounds. But I'm happy that I got it stopped at 21 and stayed there (give or take 2-3 pounds) for six months. And I'm excited that things should start moving again once I do! 

My weight goal is 154. I chose that number for two reasons:
  1. It's the highest weight I can be for my BMI to be "normal" - which is truly just vanity, as BMI sucks.
  2. It's just lower than my 6th-grade weight. SIXTH GRADE WEIGHT! It would be the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult.
That said, I really like how I look and feel now. But I liked 178 better. So if I can get back to 178 and stay there, I'd count that as a win, too.

Comments

Popular Posts