VSG Update: Seven-Month Follow-Up

(Left) My sister and me on February 23, 2015.
(Right) My sister and me on December 24, 2015
It's time for an update! So let's hop right into the stats...
  • Highest Weight: 320 lbs.
  • Pre-Op Liquid Diet Weight: 314 lbs.
  • Surgery Day Weight: 292 lbs.
  • Current Weight: 204 lbs.
  • Overall inches lost: 91"
  • Body Fat % (Navy Calculation): 38% (down from 56%)
You'll notice something new this month: a progress photo! I was thinking that some people may not find my blog from Instagram (where I post lots of photos), so maybe I should add progress pictures in each update. Sorry it took so long to figure that out.

I've also been thinking about these updates. I'm not sure if I'll keep doing regular "X-Month Follow-Up" posts after I hit my one-year anniversary of my surgery. I'll keep doing updates, but not the regular monthly ones. 

2015 was a year of many changes: Lost a lucrative freelance contract, gained a new, awesome job, bought a new car, had weight loss surgery, lost a bunch of weight, went blonde, and finally had the energy to do awesome things (like travel, bike to work, clean the house, etc.).

2016 is going to be a year of settling. As in, settling into my "new normal." My hope is that I'll hit my goal weight this year, so I'm going to start backing off of things and moving into "rest of my life" mode. Things that will be going away will be things like regular monthly updates, daily weighing, even food logging.

What does that mean for the blog? Hopefully not much. As I get closer to goal weight, I want to add in more of the active things I do, or recipes I try, or just life things I experience. The daily weighing is a horrible habit mentally, but I've been doing it for over a year and it's going to be a hard habit to break. I don't want the rest of my life to revolve around tracking weight and food: I want to be able to trust the way my clothing fits or how my eyes/stomach/brain select food.

I'm a bit nervous about these changes, and they won't happen anytime soon (except the scale thing), but my idea of weight loss success is me getting to a point where I'm no longer focused on my weight.

Any tips from WLS veterans on how to transition from "losing" to "new normal?"

And what are your opinions on my moving this blog to Medium? Or to Facebook (using their new, nifty Notes design)?


Comments

Popular Posts