The Gallbladder Chronicles

My gallbladder, right before the little brat was removed.
I've had a pretty horrible week. Last Saturday, I started having a bunch of abdominal pain in the evening. I went to the ER, but they weren't able to determine anything conclusively. Sunday, I felt pretty bad all day, but I attributed it to dehydration, so I just worked at keeping hydrated - but I didn't eat a thing all day.

Monday, I started feeling better - I thought - until I cracked open a protein drink. I spent the next two hours debating on whether or not I should go home, thanks to the pretty severe, but dull, pain I was experiencing. And everything escalated from there. Tears, sharp pain, groaning, unable to stand up straight, and more is how I spent my next two-ish hours until the ER finally dosed me with some Dilaudid.

On Tuesday evening, my gallbladder was removed. On Wednesday evening, I had a stent placed to keep my bile duct open and draining.

I was sent home Thursday afternoon feeling pretty good... until I realized that I only felt pretty good because I was still riding on what was left of my pain meds. I've spent the last three days in pain every time I try to drink or eat, but all three of my doctors stating that I was fine.

I don't know that I agree.

I'm supposed to return to work Wednesday, and I hope I feel well enough to, but I have a feeling that Wednesday might be super-optimistic.

On a good note, I've hit Onederland. Yay! And now I'm sliding way past it because I can't eat or drink without pain. Not the way I hoped to get to Onderland.

Anyhow, that's my update. I'm miserable right now. And I wish I was back in the hospital with my Dilaudid and IV fluids. Ugh.

Comments

  1. YEAY for ONEderland! BOOO on the gb stuff. I hope you get straight soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts